The team at Wetcom
We are a company that provides B2B virtualization and cloud computing services on clients infrastructure, primarily using VMware.
At Wetcom, we strive to create a motivating, flexible, and healthy work environment that enables our collaborators to grow and tackle more challenging and innovative projects. Trust, Authority, Focus, Empathy, and Team define our culture. We provide a relaxed and dynamic atmosphere because we work on projects that impassion us.
We offer you the proper equipment, training, and guidance for the development of your career. We are looking for an Availability & Backup Specialist who is self-reliant, adaptable, and resourceful, with a strong ability to work well in a team.
The responsibilities include:
● Perform implementations with VM or any other backup tool.
● Understand and resolve assigned incidents of medium/high complexity while adhering to the agreed SLA with the client.
● Provide technical leadership to customers in the assessment, installation, configuration, and implementation of products and services.
● Perform 24x7 on-call duties as per the defined schedule.
● Document internal procedures and deliverables for clients.
● Participate in the pre-sales process.
● Take part in the technology lifecycle, proactively assisting in events and meetings with team members and manufacturers.
● Set up testing laboratories to simulate environments and procedures for application to clients.
● Provide internal training as needed.
● Availability for 24x7 on-call shifts (1 week per month) - these shifts are usually calm, and they start after 3/4 months of joining the team, and they are paid whether the phone rings or not.
Required experience and skills:
● At least 5 years of experience as a technology consultant/infrastructure administrator in technology service companies (desirable).
● It is essential to have experience IMPLEMENTING a backup tool (ideally VM) in large infrastructures, providing support to external clients preferably.
● Veeam Backup
● VMware vSphere (Esxi and vCenter)
● Servers / Storage, SAN / DELL, HP, LENOVO, EMC, HITACHI, IBM (any of them)
● Cloud: Amazon AWS, Azure (any of them)
Beneficial experience and skills to have:
● Demonstrable experience in the position and/or project management in virtualization, backup, and cloud computing.
● Possess certifications in Veeam Backup.
● Citrix or VMware Horizon
● Networks: LAN, FIREWALLS, Routing, CISCO, F5, FORTINET
● Microsoft Windows Server
Type of work:
This is a 100% remote work but with willingness and flexibility to come to the office as needed or to go to the client for any incidents that may arise.
Intermediate to advanced technical English (understanding of documentation, not required for oral communication).
● Career Development / Training Plan.
● VMware certification opportunities.
● Top-tier health insurance.
● Connectivity expenses covered.
● Discount voucher for Mercado Pago.
● Free day on your birthday.
● In-company English classes.
● Free week off after 6 months of seniority.
● Vacation days counted in business days.
● Quarterly salary review.
● Discount at SportClub (fitness club).
● Extended paternity and maternity leave + soft landing.
● Referral program.
● Talk with Connector Pitcheers
● Written Screening
● Interview with HR
● Interview with Practice Lead
● Interview with CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
● Psychometric Test
The process of looking for a job can be stressful. Pitcheers is here to support you and make this journey enjoyable.
There are a few ways we can help you:
Talking with us:
Book a free chat with our connectors.
Watching our YouTube channel:
Gain insights from our advice and testimonials. https://www.youtube.com/@Pitcheers/videos
Completing the free course:
How to get the best possible IT job with the tools you already have. You can also download our free book. https://pitcheers.newzenler.com/
(Disponible en Inglés y en español)