Responsible for developing embedded electronic devices from concept to mass-produced product,
ensuring they will complement and interoperate with the existing technology stack.
Critical Success Factors:
● Possess practical knowledge of modern electronics (including microprocessors,
switch mode power supplies and low power analogue).
● Thorough understanding of the interaction between hardware and firmware through the entire product life cycle.
● Work through processes methodically.
● Be willing to learn and grow in the role.
● Be self-motivated and show initiative, including user experience available from other team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
● Implement firmware to complete device functionality.
● Take requirements and use them to develop hardware designs.
● Develop methods for performing efficient production testing.
● Work with other team members to integrate devices with the rest of the product stack (hardware,
● Firmware, web Dashboard and backend).
● Design and implement processes to improve production efficiency and yields.
● Troubleshooting product returns to refine designs and manufacturing processes.
● Update existing firmware to maintain existing capabilities in addition to adding new features.
Core Technical Competencies
● Firmware development using C++ and assembly in a bare-metal environment.
● Familiarity with a variety of processor architectures, primarily Arm Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M4F.
● PCB design using Eagle CAD software.
● Mechanical design for enclosures and test fixtures.
● Use of 3D printing to assist in low-volume manufacturing and prototyping.
● PC application development using C# for tooling.