We are looking for an Intermediate software engineer to join our platform team.
You will work with other engineers and the product owner to deliver high-quality software. Alongside the team,
you will build new and support existing systems by following current standards and suggesting
improvements to technology and ways of working.
As part of the engineering team, you will understand the business requirements, work with
the team splitting it into small components and delivering them to completion.
It is critical to be pragmatic and to have a good understanding of the big picture.
As a software engineer at SmartPay, you will:
● Follow existing software development practices and seek support from more senior team
members to develop and implement defined practices.
● Contribute to the implementation of sound solutions, abiding by security guidelines and
regulatory constraints, ensuring the system is functioning correctly for users according to requirements
defined by the Product Owner and the team.
● Participate in the agile processes and give feedback that would help improve
the company and the team.
● Identify obstacles and work alongside the team to solve and overcome them, showing
determination and seeing problems as an opportunity to learn and grow.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks include:
● Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs
Implementing new features or changes/fixes to existing features with the tech stack used,
Assessing the correctness of existing code and helping to fix and improve it.
● Delivering high-quality software according to business requirements.
Completing user stories promptly with the mentorship and help of more senior engineers
Writing automated tests for changes and features that are being developed.
● Ensuring proper communication and collaboration with the team. Giving and receiving
constructive feedback to peers and managers with empathy. Identifying blockers for other team
members and helping to solve them with compassion and open-mindedness.