Smartpay is in the midst of an exciting and transformative Android payment terminal project.
We welcome you to become an integral part of that transformation by utilising your knowledge and
experience as an Android Engineer to deliver New Zealand’s own Android payment terminal.
Our team has a healthy and supportive culture and we get a kick out of delivering success. This role will
work closely alongside key stakeholders including engineers, testers, product owners and the service
delivery manager to assist with the roll out of this project.
As an Android Engineer at SmartPay, you will:
● Work closely with key relationships to understand and analyse a variety of
requirements, and design appropriate software solutions for the company’s
Android payment terminal
● Implement solutions in code according to agreed upon designs, including
writing robust unit tests
● Ensure solutions are secure
● Design and implement automated end-to-end tests
● Resolve defects in code and maintain the architectural integrity of the product
● Maintain and enhance the build pipeline to cater for the growing needs of the
● Develop a good working knowledge of the relevant products, APIs,
standards and regulations so the role is performed effectively
● Read technical documentation and partake in design initiatives, code
reviews, sprint meetings and other related discussions
● Support other less-experienced team members
● Produce relevant technical documentation - an expected artefact of the role
Responsibilities & Key Tasks include:
● Ability to produce well-written documentation and communicate well within the team.
● Works well in a high-energy team environment.
● Good appreciation of test automation.
● Fast learner, proactive, adaptable, quality oriented.
All employees of Smartpay are expected to:
● Adhere to procedures as detailed in the Health and Safety Manual, Staff Handbook and
Department Procedures and maintain appropriate records.
● Complete all necessary training in order to fulfil their role function.
● Attend in house training seminars and to keep abreast of current issues in the relevant market.
● Ensure product knowledge is up to date and are across any current and future enhancements or
changes to the product.
● Give assistance in any ad hoc projects which may require the help of other employees.
● Manage and prioritise tasks and maintain good communication with other employees.